If you want to make a donation, the easiest way to do this in the Netherlands is by using the following bank account:
Bank Information The Netherlands
IBAN:NL59 RABO 0307853713
Name Org. :Stichting Backup Uganda
Since September 2017, we have been a GlobalGiving Partner. If you do not live in the Netherlands, you can make your donation through GlobalGiving! All donations are tax-deductible in the US and can be connected to Gift Aid in the UK. Keep an eye on our social media for specific bonus days; for example, your donation may be matched!
Donate For Free!
Through Doelshop.nl (before: goededoelshop.nl) you can shop at over 300 well known webshops (Bol.com, Zalando, Media Markt, HEMA, but also ticket shops and other online stores) and per purchase, a donation is made to a cause you support: Backup Uganda! This means you shop at the same stores for the same price and you donate without making any extra costs!
How does it work?
1) Go to backup-uganda.doelshop.nl
2) Find the items you want to buy.
3) Purchase them, and you automatically donate to Backup Uganda at the same time!
It is as simple as that, no need to create an account if you do not want to (but of course, you could if you would like to). If you do use your account, after you are done shopping you will receive an e-mail from Doelshop.nl that shows your total donation.
Start shopping here!
Since March 2015, Backup Uganda has been recognized as a Public Benefit Organization (PBO; ANBI in Dutch):
“Public Benefit Organisations (PBOs) are offered a number of tax advantages:
– A PBO does not pay Dutch inheritance tax or gift tax on inheritances or gifts that the institution allocates to the general good.
– A PBO does not pay Dutch gift tax on gifts that the institution makes for the general good.
– Natural and legal persons making donations to a PBO may deduct their gifts from their Dutch income tax or corporate income tax.” (Belastingdienst, 2016)
Find more information here.